Jon is an English qualified solicitor and data protection practitioner with over 23 years’ experience working for some of the UK’s largest law firms and best-known businesses.
A travel, IT and compliance specialist, Jon started his career working as a corporate and commercial lawyer at Eversheds and DLA before moving to the Co-operative Group where he headed up its acquisitions programme. After Co-op Jon moved to the transport group Arriva as its second most senior lawyer, taking a lead role in major transactions such as the Cross-Country rail franchise.
After Arriva, Jon spent over 9 years as Legal Director for the major travel business Wyndham Destination Network with responsibility for its European, Middle Eastern and Indian regions. At Wyndham, Jon managed the legal affairs of well-known businesses and brands such as Hoseasons, cotttages.com and RCI Europe.
Jon has considerable experience which includes:-
- Drafting customer facing terms for household name businesses including the UK’s largest holiday rental brands;
- Involvement in and management of key acquisitions including the integration of the Hoseasons business;
- Overseeing the procurement of large scale IT systems including the purchase of a cloud based booking system for one of Europe’s best-known holiday rental companies;
- Monitoring and advising on all aspects of compliance for a multinational group, with a particular focus on data protection, anti-bribery and health and safety;
- Advising on resort development and finance;
- Approving websites, advertising copy, product launches and campaigns;
- Drafting a wide variety of B2B agreements; and
- Resolving contentious issues including disputes with suppliers, customers, consumers and regulators and IP infringements.
Jon is also an expert in providing legal and compliance training..
Jon lives in Yorkshire but is available to clients across the EMEI region. Jon can be contacted using our contact form.