Amanda is a commercial and data protection lawyer with considerable expertise in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts and in advising businesses on the implications of the handling of personal data. She has particular experience in working with technology businesses having worked as general counsel for many years for a software company and subsequently as a consultant to technology, data and cloud service provider businesses.
Amanda trained at City law firm, McKenna &Co (now part of the CMS group) and subsequently worked in the company/commercial department for several years before working in the oil industry for major companies: Eni, Esso, Elf, Ranger Oil, Haliburton, Brown & Root. Amanda switched her industry focus to software and technology working for Reading firm Clarks LLP and then for 10 years as General Counsel to Pharos Communications, a rapidly expanding software company supplying media asset management software to major UK and international broadcasters. She handled the ultimate sale of the business.
Since 2015 Amanda has been working as a consultant solicitor both as in-house and as external counsel advising start-ups and SMEs to global technology businesses (Thomson Reuters). Aswell as being a solicitor, Amanda is qualified as a data protection professional (PC.dp. (GDPR)).
Amanda handles the following matters:
- Drafting and negotiating UK and cross-border commercial contracts (service supply, maintenance and support, hosting, software development, reseller and agency, collaboration)
- Data Protection including E-Privacy and GDPR compliance
- Risk management and compliance processes and policies
- Drafting documents and advising on employment matters
- Company secretarial requirements
- Instructing and managing external counsel
Amanda is based in the Thames Valley and advises clients in London and across the South-East. She can be contacted using our contact form.