Charlotte is a commercial lawyer with over 22 years of experience in both private practice - Stephenson Harwood and Richards Butler - and in-house - The Swedish Club and BP plc.
Charlotte has particular industry knowledge and expertise in the oil, gas and marine sectors having spent 13 years at BP, the last four of which as head of legal for Castrol B2B. Charlotte’s experience covers both contentious and non-contentious legal matters and Charlotte offers board level legal, commercial and compliance advice for businesses and institutions, together with strong leadership skills. Charlotte has established successful legal teams where there has been no legal support previously and embedded them with the business as a genuine business partner. She also introduced contracting solutions to standardise the approach across 28 countries in the global Castrol B2B business. Much of Charlotte’s work has involved international trading partners and cross jurisdictional issues.
Charlotte advises on all areas of business and commercial law including
- commercial agreements, including business Ts&Cs, OEM contracts, supply chain issues, distribution, licensing, product liability issues, product recall;
- risk management, competition issues, trade sanctions, compliance, UK Bribery Act;
- company law, covering business structures, shareholder/ partnership agreements, disposals and acquisitions of assets;
- litigation - contractual dispute resolution in Arbitrations/Commercial Court;
- ship finance; shipbuilding; sale and purchase; chartering; insurance, ship management, LNG and litigation;
- marketing and advertising, social media;
Charlotte is based in the Woking/Guildford area and can be contacted using our contact form.