Michelle is an experienced employment lawyer. With over 20 years’ employment law experience, Michelle works closely with clients to provide commercial and pragmatic advice in relation to a wide range of employment and HR issues.
Michelle trained with Ashfords LLP (formerly Bevan Ashford), qualifying as a solicitor in 1993. She became a partner of Ashfords LLP in 2004, where she headed up the employment team in Taunton until October 2013. Michelle joined The Legal Director in March 2015 having taken a career break.
Michelle’s particular areas of expertise include:
- the drafting of contracts, service agreements, consultancy agreements, policies and procedures;
- advice on recruitment;
- dealing with performance/capability issues, grievances and disciplinary issues;
- restructuring and redundancy;
- day to day HR advice and strategy
- restrictive covenants and confidentiality clauses
- settlement agreements
- senior executive packages on appointment and termination
Michelle has worked with a wide variety of clients, predominantly SMEs, professional practices and charities.
Michelle is based in Somerset and works with clients in the South West of England and in other parts of the UK.
She works closely with her husband Peter, a commercial lawyer who was also a partner at Ashfords for a number of years. His profile can also be found on this site.
She can be contacted using our contact form.